Q. I am feeling tired with mild headache. Can this be due to frequent head showers?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam
This is a premium question & answer published on May 20, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2020

I have been feeling a little tired and only right or center part of my forehead hurts. No fever but sometimes I get mucus from the throat. This is happening form yesterday. Can this because of frequent showers? Each time I go outside the house to buy something, I get paranoid and take complete head to toe shower. This happens 3-4 times a day. Can you suggest how to go about it?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetology General Medicine Sonologist Toxicology
#

With the history you have given, the problem you have can because of the frequent showers. Kindly avoid going out and take bath frequently. I would suggest a short course of antibiotics with supportive measures.

Take tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 1-0-1, Montek-LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) 0-0-1, Zencold plus (Paracetamol, Phenylephrine, and Chlorpheniramine maleate) 1-1-1, and Pantocid (Pantoprazole) 1-0-0, all these for three days.

Take hot water, and avoid frequent showers.

Kindly get back for follow up after three days.

| 

Are Augmentin 625 duo and the medicine you prescribed the same? I am unable to find Zincold plus, can you prescribe replacement for the same? Any Pan D will do right?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

#

Yes, Augmentin duo is the same you can buy that and take. Alternate for Zincold tablet are tablet Noblok 1-1-1 or New Dolo-cold. You will get these tablets.

You can take tablet Pan-D also instead of Pantocid.

| 

I found only Cheston Cold and have bought the same. Is this fine?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

#

Yes, tablet Cheston cold is fine and correct. You can take the tablets as prescribed.

| 

Today early morning I have passed diarrhea three to four times and feeling nausea as well and woke up with sweating and my body is somewhat numb. From the previous morning I have not passed a motion at all. Also, I was feeling little bloated at night previous night so I took syrup Duphalac. I do not have a fever, cold or headache.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

#

Nothing to worry. With the history, I feel the reason for diarrhea is syprup Duphalac so kindly do not take and avoid it. For another five days do not try Duphalac. Take plenty of water that is minimum 5 liters a day.

Take Electral powder (ORS) sachet (two sachets in 500 ml of water). Kindly mix it and finish the water within three to four hours. Before that, I would like to know when was your last diarrhea?

| 

My last diarrhea was at 6:30 AM and 8:36 AM today. Also, I am feeling tired and drowsy from the morning. I do not have temperature (checked with thermometer) but I feel feverish from within and from the calf muscle to the bottom I have a lot of pain. How long will this diarrhea last? How many more days will I take to get better?

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

#

The cause for drowsy and tiredness is because of diarrhea. Normally syrup Duphalac if you take on a little high dose it causes diarrhea but do not worry. You will be fine by afternoon. The main side effect of the high dose of Duplalac causes watery stools for five to seven times and it will not last for days. Just today it will be there so nothing to worry it will settle in some time. Even if diarrhea did not stop, then kindly ping me. I will send you the treatment plan. Take tablet Dolo 650 1-1-1 for your feverish condition, and the reason for your fever is dehydration.

Take a bland diet, plenty of water, and tender coconut along with ORS powder as mentioned.

| 

Post 11 am diarrhea stopped completely. My tiredness is still there but 75% reduced compared to the morning. I can feel some mucus while swallowing anything. Anything to be worried about? Also, I am prone to tonsillitis from childhood and it gets enlarged two to three times. Otherwise, all looks fine.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

#

Good to hear that your diarrhea is settled. As I mentioned the tiredness will be there for some time, mostly by morning you will be fine. But I need you to take plenty of water and ORS powder. Just take bland diet. Nothing to worry about thick mucus secretion. It will be fine once your dehydration is settled.

Regarding your tonsillitis issue, the tablets which was given will take care of your tonsilitis too. Avoid cold water and foods, take only hot water, and do salt water gargling five times a day for three days.

| 

I woke up with a little tired today, and pain in the leg exists. I do not feel completely normal. No fever, no cold or cough. Mucus has reduced now. I did not pass stool in the previous morning. In the morning, again I passed stool but still little watery but not like yesterday’s diarrhea.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

#

Good to hear that your health is improving. The tiredness may be because of diarrhea and the electrolytes in our body will alter, hence you feel tiredness. Take plenty of water and ORS and rest.

Regarding your sleeping issue, I would suggest you take tablet Anxit 0.5 0-0-1 for five days. Take this tablet for five days and update me on how you feel.

| 

From morning I am constipated and I do not feel like eating anything. I have poha for breakfast post that I have not eaten anything. I feel constipated and bloated. I am feeling very uneasy.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

#

The reason for loss of appetite and bloating are due to diarrhea. As advised consider purely bland diet, and do not take anything. Kindly avoid spicy, peppery, oily and masala foods.

| 
Hi dr. From evening I feel very tired and I have lost my appetite as well. This happened last afternoon also, I did not have my lunch cause same reason last afternoon. And left side right below the head just start of my neck have slight pain. Sometime back pain was there all around my neck as well. Overall not felling great.
No fever, no cough, no cold.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

# Hello Ravishankar..
Happy to hear that u recovered well, except few symptoms like tiredness, loss of appetite and generalised Myalgia...

I would suggest few tablets for the above symptoms..
1) continue tablet.Bifilac 1-1-1 X 3 days
2) continue Tab. Pan-D 1-0-0 (Before food) X 3 days
3) Tab. Rantac 300 OD 0-0-1 (Before food) X 3 days

For u r mild neck pain, I would suggest u to take tab. Dolo650 1-1-1 X 2 days u pain will subside.

As advised kindly take plenty of water and consider only bland diet.. Soon in couple of days u will be free from all the ailments.. Don't worry.. Take rest.

Kindly ping for further queries and symptoms..

Thank you Ravishankar

| 
Hi dr. I am currently only on rabera 20 mg before food (1-0-0) and gaviscon Syp twice a day. All are okay, only this occasional head ace and loss of appetite is worrying me. I am also on strict diet with oats, Kunju, vegetables things like this. I did about 1 hrs of time walking as well in my terrace.
What do you think would be the cause for loss of appetite, tiredness and head ace & neck pain.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

# Hello Ravishankar..

Along with Tab. Rabera, i would suggest to take Tab. Rantac 300 0-0-1 (Before food). As discussed Electrolyte imbalance can cause many symptoms like this.. Electrolyte imbalance due to diarrhoea can cause symptoms like this oftenly... It's not at al a worrying issue.. Mild symptoms will occur generally post diarrhoea..so no worries.. My kind request don't go for walking for 1 hr, reduce to 20 min and do a gentle walk.. Because this will cause more tiredness..

Along with rantac Kindly buy this below tablet also..

TAB. bifilac 1-1-1 X 3days..

Start take this tablets u will feel much better soon..but kindly take the tablets.. Then only u r symptoms will settle..

Kindly get back for further queries..

Thank you..

| 
Hi dr. I still feel the same no improvement have taken required tablets.
Current issue: Tummy cramps, loss of appetite and bitterness feeling in my mouth.

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

# Hello Ravishankar..

Sorry for the late reply..

U have stomach upset, the reason behind and the culprit is u r diarrhoea.
Tummy cramps is due to dehydration only.
Loss of appetite and bitterness mouth is the classical symptoms of Acute gastroenteritis.

U r symptoms need little more time to recover. I hope u r taking only bland diet as advised.
Take plenty of water along with tender cocunut daily. Am giving the detailed prescription.. Jus take only these tablets..

Treatment-
1)Tab. Metrogyl 400mg 1-0-1
2) Tab. Pan D 1-0-0 (Before food)
3) Tab. Rantac 300 OD (BEFORE FOOD)
4) TAB. BIFILAC 1-1-1
5) syp. Sucrafil O 10ml 1-1-1
6) Tab. Cyclopam 1-0-1
X 5 days..
Take only bland diet, with plenty of water..

Every thing will settle with the above tablets..
Continue the tablets, will wait and watch..

Kindly get back for further queries..

Thank you..

| 

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

What is the cause of left-sided hand and leg numbness?

Query: Hello doctor,Left side hand and leg numbness and tiredness. I am taking cardiac medications.  Read Full »

Worst Headache Ever? It Could be Brain Aneurysm!!

Article Overview: A ruptured brain aneurysm is a potentially fatal condition that needs emergency care. This article helps you understand this condition and educates you regarding your treatment options. Read Article

Dr. Saurabh Joshi

This is a medical condition in which one of the arteries of the brain develops a weakened area that balloons out, like an inflated balloon. This can burst and result in bleeding within the brain. What Are the Symptoms of An Aneurysm? An unruptured aneurysm may not cause any symptoms. Some symptoms...  Read Article