Q. Lately, I feel tired after my morning walks. Why?

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

I am a 50 year old male. I am taking BP medicine Cilaheart 10 twice a day for the past seven years. I do morning walks of about 5 km average for six days a week since the past three years. I normally have a sound sleep for six to seven hours every day. I normally getup twice for urination.I consume 4 liters of water everyday. I consume 120 ml of scotch whiskey everyday for the past 15 years. Twice a week, the intake of whiskey might go up to 180 ml. I have a sitting job. I do consume Amla-Karela juice 20 ml twice a day since two years. I also take Giloy Juice 20 ml plus Aloe Vera 30 ml twice a day for the past two months. My sugar levels are on borderline since the last two years. My HbA1C levels in the past have been as follows: Dec - 6.10, Mar - 5.70, Aug - 6.30, Jan - 6.80, July - 6.90, Aug - 6.60.

I have attached my latest lab reports for your ready reference. From the past few months, I am feeing tired after my morning walks. I feel a loss of stamina the whole day, which was not the case about a year back. I have developed a frozen shoulder on my left side (left hand) since the past three months and have been having trouble wearing or removing my T-shirt, removing wallet from back pocket, sleeping on the left side and many other related problems. Since the past 30 days, I have developed a pain the in upper side of the heel of my right leg. That troubles me when I get up and start walking, if I continue for 50 meters then I do not feel a pain and can walk. I visited an orthopedic and he recommended some exercise with some meds which I am doing for the past one month. The prescription is also attached for your reference. I have been recently prescribed Glycomet SR - 500 Mg - one time after dinner, but I am hesitant to start the same, worrying about the side effects. I request you to please go through all my reports and advise me correctly.

#

Sorry to say that, yes, you are diabetic.

• I would like you to take Glycomet (Metformin) 500 mg once a day, preferably in the morning, to avoid any hypoglycemic effects. If I were your doctor, I would have started it when I first saw the A1C to be abnormal. Even though your sugars are only borderline, I would suggest you take the tablet, to avoid the complications of diabetes mellitus II.
  • Also, your HDL is a bit low. I would advise you to take four badams (almonds) a day in the morning, or four akhrot (walnuts) in the morning. You need it for normalizing the HDL (high-density lipoprotein), which will, in turn, protect your heart.
  • Take a cardiac check also.

Take care.

For more information consult a diabetologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|