Q. Is it safe to take Ecosprin during pregnancy?

Published on Jan 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I am 31 years, obese, and five months pregnant female. I had a miscarriage four years before of six weeks. I am hypertensive and with normal sugar. Now BP is under control 130/80 average with Alphadopa-L 100 mg twice daily. My queries are:

• The doctor prescribed me Ecosprin 75 mg once daily from now onwards. I am feeling pain in anus portion after taking it. Is it a safe drug?
  • My TSH level comes to 5.38 at this time which was normal earlier. He prescribed Thyronorm 25 once daily. Is it required, this medicine?
  • My level-2 USG and triple test are normal. I was taking Progesterone 300 mg SR once daily. My hCG level in the 16th week was 10000. Please advice me. Should I stop taking Progesterone now?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Thanks for the query.

You are a case of gestational hypertension and hypothyroidism as I can see.

I suggest you continue Ecosprin 75 mg daily as its a blood thinner and is safe in pregnancy. The TSH limit should be between 3.2 to 3.8 during pregnancy and hence 25 mcg daily is the correct dosage for you. Progesterones supplementation should be stopped now after 16 weeks of gestation and has no potential extra benefit.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is it safe to continue taking the Nexium beyond two weeks while pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am six weeks pregnant. I have struggled with GERD and esophagitis for years and my gastroenterologist put me on Nexium, which is the only thing that helps. I usually do a two-week treatment every year. My pregnancy is exacerbating the GERD. I just finished a two-week Nexium treatment a...  Read Full »

Can Olanzapine and Dicorate be continued in pregnant woman with bipolar disorder?

Query: Hello doctor,My sister is suffering from bipolar disorder for the last 10 years and is presently in stable condition with Olanzapine 2.5 mg and Dicorate 250 mg one tablet each per day during night. However, recently she came to know about her pregnancy and her doctor asked her to check with a psychi...  Read Full »

I am suffering from hypothyroidism and taking eltroxin and thyronorm. But cholesterol is raising. What to do?

Query: Hello, I am suffering from hypothyroidism and taking eltroxin and thyronorm. But cholesterol level is raising. What to do? Age - 46 years, female. Height-160cm. Weight - 58kg  Read Full »