Q. After withdrawal bleeding, are there still chances of pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma
Published on Oct 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2019

My fiancee and I had unprotected sex last week, and she took an I-pill within six hours of the intercourse. She got withdrawal bleeding or spotting today. Is there any chance of her getting pregnant? I was just worried. Please respond as soon as possible.

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your question and understood the concerns.

• I-pill when taken within 24 hours of unprotected intercourse, prevents pregnancy in 95 to 98 % cases. She is having withdrawal bleeding due to the hormonal effect of the pill. There is nothing to worry.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Regards.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Is stomach pain normal in this situation? Also, after withdrawal bleeding, is there any chance of pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma

#

• Yes, slight pain in abdomen is possible after taking I-pill.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Should I take an emergency pill if I only had foreplay?

Query: Hello doctor, I had foreplay with my partner yesterday. We both were having some fun. He actually inserted a finger into my vagina though not deep. He was not sure if he had touched his precum or not. Also, his penis touched my vagina two to three times though he never inserted. Should I take an I-p...  Read Full »

Should I take an emergency pill if my partner used a condom?

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex yesterday afternoon. It was on the 14th day of my menstrual cycle. It was a protected sex. My partner used a condom and ejaculated inside it. Now, I am confused whether to take an emergency contraceptive pill or not. I personally do not want to take one because I am worried...  Read Full »

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full »