Q. Should I take an emergency pill if my partner used a condom?

Dr. Vidya Muralidhar

I had sex yesterday afternoon. It was on the 14th day of my menstrual cycle. It was a protected sex. My partner used a condom and ejaculated inside it. Now, I am confused whether to take an emergency contraceptive pill or not. I personally do not want to take one because I am worried about the side effects of the pill. But, on the other hand, I am worried about getting pregnant too. I have PCOD and am taking ayurvedic treatment for the same since the last four months. Please help.

#

• Condoms have a failure rate of 15 percent and can cause pregnancy. However, we do not always recommend emergency contraception if you have used a condom. If you have used it correctly and felt that there was no condom breakage or leakage from them, there is no need to take a pill or worry about pregnancy. You need to decide.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

We used the condom correctly. There was no slipping or tearing of the condom. Moreover, my partner is sure. It is only me who is scared.

#

• Then, you do not have to worry and there is no need to take the pill.

Relax.

|