Q. I bled after I-pill, but missed period on due date. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Aamir Mohd
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My periods got ended on the 12th of last month and I had protected sex on 15th. As I noticed some semen on me, I took an I-pill on the same day. Then, I got periods after 8 days of I-pill, which lasted for five days as usual. But, the period was not like the way I usually get. There was no heavy flow or continuous flow of blood. The color of the blood was brown. My actual due date is 7th of this month and I missed it now. I am worried whether I am pregnant. Please help me with this issue.

#

First of all relax. You are not pregnant. Your periods came early because of I-pill medicine (emergency contraceptive pill).

Sometimes, it can make periods come early and sometimes, it can delay. In your case, it made your periods early.

But, I want to caution you that you should not use I-pill medicine in daily routine as it is a very strong medicine and have side effects also.

In your case, you did not even need to take I-pill because your periods finished on 12th and you had sex on 15th. You cannot become pregnant if you do sex in the first 10 days of your periods.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full »

My pregnancy tests are repeatedly negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the 18th of last month. It was the sixth day of my periods. I had an I-pill six hours after having sex. It has been one month and 25 days. I did not get my periods. I am checking for pregnancy every week, and it shows negative. The last date I tested was on the...  Read Full »

My period is due in three days. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,Today I had unprotected sex with my partner. In just three days my period is due. He pulled out and I am sure he did not come inside me. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant? Please help.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»