Q. I was abused mentally and physically. What can I do to solve this problem?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2020

Before four years, I had a dating with a guy. After a year, he kissed another girl, and I saw him. He said to me it was just once and nothing else. I have recently found out that he was involved romantically with her all the time and I have been an option for him. I was abused mentally and also physically at times. I am unable to stay away from him. We are studying in the same college. I cannot ignore college to stay away from him. What can I do now? He hates me if I score more than him. How can I solve this problem? I feel sad all the time.

#

I am sorry to hear about your relationship problem. I can understand you. It is difficult to manage it, but it is not impossible. You have to move away from that guy. If someone loves you, then that person will be happy, if you progress or achieve something in your life. Like your father, who loves you, he will also be pleased with your achievement. Your boyfriend is just using you. He is not even ready to accept your progress. He is not a person for you. First of all, stop talking to him and clear all the contacts with him. You must go to college and do not stay alone, always stay with some friends. Talk with them once.

Initially, you will feel bad, but it is best for your good future. You will find someone better. It is not the last one. Be bold. Do not get afraid. Take a healthy decision for your life. Life is to live. Do not feel guilty for the wrong choice of boyfriend. It is a part of life. We are meant to make mistakes. Concentrate more on studies, score higher marks than him. Get a high score in your exams. Make him feel guilty for losing you. Love yourself. Spend more time with your family and friends. If you are staying in a hostel, must do a video call to your parents daily. Please do not give another chance to him, and you have given it already. Do not trust him anymore.

Read more, take good sleep at least 7 to 8 hours. Do daily exercise for at least 30 to 40 minutes. Do meditation for 10 to 15 minutes. Take healthy foods, avoid junk foods, spend time on your hobbies or develop some creative hobbies like painting, writing, play some instrument, or listen to songs, sing songs. Plan your future. Write your daily goals in a diary. Take a decision and go for it. Move on. Do not get stuck in an abusive relationship.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|