Emotional Abuse

I am extremely emotional and self-harm because of childhood abuse. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. When I was 7, my older brother (12) used to molest me. I do not know if it was traumatic as I do not remember crying or anything. Does this count as sexual abuse? Because of the young age of my brother, I do not know if it is related. But, I am extremely emotiona...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although what happened to you in your early childhood is beyond doubt, I would advise you to desist from making any correlation between your current problems and the abusive incidents. Like you accurately pointed out, at that age, you were unaware of the nature of the ac...  Read Full »

How to concentrate on my studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so depressed with my life. Everything is going good now, but some past activities and incidents of my life are not getting over. Also, there are some characters in my family who ruined my past life and also trying to ruin my present life. I cannot tolerate them. There are lots of th...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, if you are really feeling very low, exhausted and numb, then I think you should start with a good antidepressant medication. I suggest Nexito 10 mg (Escitalopram) once a day and wait for the results for at least four to six weeks. Consult your specialist doc...  Read Full »

Faced domestic and sexual abuse. Now, PTSD is ruining my life. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, PTSD is controlling my life. I was raped six to seven times and faced domestic abuse for four months until I escaped. Each time sex has been hard for me. After the domestic abuse, it is so bad that I have to stop in some strokes and if not then I will throw up on them.Sometimes it happen...  Read Full »

Dr. Poosha Darbha

Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing your concern with me. I can understand your situation and feelings. I can assure you that this is not going to be with you forever. You would benefit from counseling and therapeutic techniques such as cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) by a clinica...  Read Full »

I have an emotionally abusive father and I am losing my sanity completely. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know how to explain my situation, but shortly, I have an emotionally abusive father and two siblings younger than me. He drained me emotionally for 18 years, and now he is aiming for my siblings. I am now used to his anger issues, insults, the traumas he manages to give my mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Abusive relationships are quite painful to live in and survive. Especially when these are closed ones like father-child, siblings, etc., they left marked emotional pain through in life if left unhealed. I am afraid you did not mention anything about my mother. Her ro...  Read Full »

What is making me to not leave the relationship with my partner?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and I am in a relationship which is draining me emotionally, physically and mentally. But I am still giving it chances because the guy I am with probably loves me a lot, cries at the thought of leaving me and is loyal to me. I cannot decide. I cannot just leave. I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through right now. People are difficult to understand at times. Currently, I think you are being psychologically or emotionally abused. The guy controls your life, your freedom, your decisions on everything, hurts you, blame you un...  Read Full »

My past ugly experiences are pulling me back. Is there a remedy?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to be an obedient girl since my childhood as I am the youngest in my family with two elder brothers, which I am till now and I think I should not be so obedient to elders as from childhood I have faced every kind of abuse. I have been into three relationships out of which two rel...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have mild depression and mood swings. You need relationship counseling and career counseling to get out of your confusions. Past failures are only a lesson. Learn the lesson and move on. Past failures do not predict your future. Be it your past career o...  Read Full »

I was abused mentally and physically. What can I do to solve this problem?

Query: Hi doctor, Before four years, I had a dating with a guy. After a year, he kissed another girl, and I saw him. He said to me it was just once and nothing else. I have recently found out that he was involved romantically with her all the time and I have been an option for him. I was abused mentally an...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your relationship problem. I can understand you. It is difficult to manage it, but it is not impossible. You have to move away from that guy. If someone loves you, then that person will be happy, if you progress or achieve something in your life...  Read Full »

What can be done if my wife behaves indifferently to my child?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is indifferent to child health issues. She controls the child with threatening words. The child cannot cry or weep even with an extreme reprimand by her. She makes the child sleep under extreme pressure. Sometimes, the child wets the bed. She then becomes furious with him. All th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Too harshly treated or neglected child care can lead to a psychological and developmental issue in the child which includes depression, conduct disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social withdrawal, academic underachievement, and aggressive behavior. So, you need ...  Read Full »

Family peace has been ruined because of alcohol. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law is an alcoholic. He drinks a lot and verbally abuses my sister. When he gets back to normal, he says he does not remember what he said or what wrong he did. He is involved in binge drinking and smoking for the last 15 years. He says he wants to quit but is unable to...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that your brother-in-law is suffering from alcoholism which means he is completely dependent on alcohol and everything is disturbed because of this. It also seems to me that his ju...  Read Full »

The therapist wants to reintroduce the abuser to my child. Is this standard protocol?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a child who was severely abused (physical, domestic, verbal, and emotional abuse) from birth to age 5 by their biological father. At age 5, their biological father was not allowed to see our child and it remained that way for about seven years. My child is 12 now and has been dia...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your therapist is doing it properly. It can be part of the management, but I would like to suggest that it will be better to first introduce pictures of the biological father or his accessories and observe the reaction of your child. Then, in the follow-up session...  Read Full »