Q. Please advice whether being very emotional is related to psychiatric behavior.

Dr. Shreemit Maheshwari
Published on Jul 29, 2018

I am a female, 29 years old, Height 5'6", weight around 54 kg. I am not undergoing any treatment but want to know that whether being very emotional is related to psychiatric behavior or is it hereditary in anyway as my mother was not a totally mad person but required to undergo some treatment for a related disorder. Sometimes, I see a positive side of things but at times I am unable to control my anger, especially, if the person close to me ignores or hurts me. I am a mother of a toddler 2.5 years old having had my share of ups and downs in life that might be normal to anyone's life I guess but since my father's demise when I was in college, I felt like I have lost big support system. I find it difficult to let go of the hurtings of past which lead to some doubt in my mind looking at my mother's history if I am fine.

#

I would refrain from using the term mad as we do not consider anybody mad. Psychiatric conditions are just like any other medical illness with proper treatment of each condition. It is common for family members of psychiatric patients to also have a psychiatric illness but it is not transmitted. Kindly undergo a detailed evaluation if you feel you have anger issues or you feel very sad. If you do not have any symptoms or your functionality is good, nothing to worry about as family history does not automatically make you a patient.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Stress in a Broad Perspective - More Than Merely a Mental Illness!!

Article Overview: Stress is not always due to the mental (psychiatric) illnesses. Physical wellness also counts for stress levels in modern life. Read Article

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

What Do You Think Is Stress in Your Daily Life? Stress is not just a mental illness. It is not merely a disease of your brain and not always mean that you have a serious psychiatric disorder. It is a multi-factorial disorder including general physical wellness, issues related t...  Read Article

I am ready to help a sex chat agent by giving her some money. Is it right?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe mental problems and I cannot concentrate on anything. I am a civil engineer and working in a private firm. I am married and have one child. I am unable to take my wife with me because of financial issues. My wife got pregnant last year and since then I have stayed alone...  Read Full >>

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your mental turmoil. I can see that you are deep in trouble. You should understand the problem yourself. You are staying away from your wife and possibly a father now. You approached several sex workers, but did not get mental satisfaction. You were worri...  Read Full