Q. All my teeth have cavities and I am ashamed to smile. Please help.

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Sep 13, 2018

I have big issues with getting cavities. I take good care of my teeth, never had any soda in almost four years. I keep getting cavities in the bottom of my front and back teeth. Almost all my teeth have cavities. I really want to get them fixed but I have always been embarrassed to go to a dentist. I think it is time I get them fixed before they get worse. I really need help on what I could do to fix them. Some information on my teeth: I recently got two crowns on my two front teeth, my teeth are very small and got gaps. Surprisingly, I do not get any pain. I have been ashamed of my teeth my whole life and it has got to the point where I try my best not to smile or talk and cover my teeth. It has brought my self-esteem and confidence very low. I really need help. Please provide me information on what I should do. I will appreciate any help. Thanks for your time.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have enamel hypoplasia which is a sort of defect when the teeth were forming or genetic.

You can ask your dentist to give crowns to all teeth which have such large broken cavities. Else, you can go for composite fillings if the defects are too small.

Your teeth will keep on breaking down in the future if not restored properly.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Are silver fillings hazardous to health?

Query: Hi doctor,  I recently had my tooth cavity filled with a silver filling. I read on the internet that silver fillings are toxic to human kind. Please suggest what I can do. Shall I get it removed, and replaced with some other material that is not hazardous?  Read Full »

Please suggest remedy for small gum abscess.

Query: Hello doctor, I have gum abscess. It is very small and white in color. Should I visit a dentist or will it be alright if I go for home remedies?  Read Full »

Esthetic Dentistry - for You to Smile with Confidence

Article Overview: Facial Esthetics is gaining more and more popularity as we get increasingly concerned about our beauty. Our teeth play a major role in beautifying our smile and overall aesthetics. A smile is the best make up anyone can wear. This article will brief you about the various treatment options a dentist can offer you to adorn your smile. Read Article

Facial esthetics is gaining more and more popularity as we get increasingly concerned about our beauty. Our teeth play a major role in beautifying our smile and overall aesthetics. A smile is the best make up anyone can wear. This article will brief you about the various treatment options a dentist ...  Read Article