Q. I have pain and infertility due to adenomyosis, endometriosis, and ovarian cyst. What is the treatment?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I am 34 years old, and I am suffering from severe endometriosis, adenomyosis, and ovarian cyst, it is very painful, which caused infertility. Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your question is on a very vast topic. All the problems you mentioned have endometriosis, an estrogen hormone-dependent condition. I mean to say, you will have these as long as you have periods, that is as long as ovaries are functioning. Treatment depends on what your primary need is.

1. If infertility is the main issue have a serum AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) and day three serum FSH level, to confirm how many eggs or follicles are left in your ovaries. Endometriosis eats into the ovarian tissue, so the risk of follicles losing. If normal, then have the cysts and fibroids removed, if they are more than 5 cm, have two to three cycles of hormone suppression, to clear unseen endometrial deposit. Followed by ovulation induction with or without IUI or go ahead with IVF.At the age of 34 years do not take risks. Once gone eggs cannot be replaced. The best treatment for endometriosis and adenomyosis is to stop the period, and the best way for that is pregnancy.

2. If the pain during periods or sex is a problem, or bleeding is excessive, have a hormonal suppression. That will clear all your problems. I hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more questions.

Can Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and ...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed with teratospermia. Am I infertile?

Query: Hello doctor, My sperm count is 50 M/ml, 3 ml ejaculate, 55 % motility, 45 % prog motility, grade 1 to 10, grade 2 to 10, grade 3 to 10, grade 15, normomorphs 20 %, no antibodies, colour and viscosity normal, pH 8.5. Diagnosed with teratospermia. Given two months course of Fertisure M and retest se...  Read Full »

How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to get rid of multiple ovarian cysts?

Query: Hi doctor, How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to completely get rid of multiple cysts in both ovaries. It is not pcod but countless multiple cysts on both ovaries. Please clarify, how much and how many times should I consume daily? And for how long? Is it fine to take the medicine during menstrual cy...  Read Full »