Q. I experience hip, knee and back pain due to frequent masturbation. Please help.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 23, 2020

I am a 22-year-old male. I have been getting hips, legs, knees, and back pain issues when masturbating. I usually masturbate four to five times a week, sometimes I can go two to three days without masturbating. I have cracking noises in my hips and knees and my quad muscles feel over stretched and tight. This problem has affected me and I am very limited in performing any activities such as sports. I am not physically active anymore, I used to play sports regularly but since I started having so many problems from the waist down, I stopped. Also, I get pain even when I am standing, sitting, or driving and get pain in the morning after waking up.

I live abroad and to get any medical attention requires months of waiting. I currently have an MRI booked in five months but my symptoms are getting worse day by day and I do not have the patience to wait until then. Is masturbation the reason for my problems? How can I fix these issues and get my life back to normal? Is MRI necessary? If not, what do I need instead? Please help.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

Sorry about your health condition. Masturbation usually may not cause weakness or muscle problems. So do not worry, the possible causes for your problem is

1. Panic attacks or anxiety which lead to increased tension in muscles.

2. Hypocalcemia.

3. Fibromyalgia.

4. Hypothyroidism.

5. Vitamin D deficiency.

6. Rheumatoid arthritis.

7. Myositis.

Still, many possibilities are there. So use vitamin E capsule like Evion 400 mg twice a day for two weeks. Use tablet Aceclofenac 100 + Thiocolchicoside 4 mg twice a day for five days.

Avoid excessive masturbation as it may lead to penile mucosal injuries, lack of sex drive, etc. Eat more green leafy vegetables and fruits. Do yoga and meditation regularly to release your muscle tension. Get done hemoglobin level, thyroid profile, serum calcium, and vitamin D levels. Also, do RA (rheumatoid factor) factor, ANA (antinuclear antibody), ASO (antistreptolysin) are also useful.

If symptoms are not improved please consult with your physician or rheumatologist, he will examine and treat you accordingly.

| 

Knee Pain in Old Age - Osteoarthritis

Article Overview: Knee pain is the most common joint problem seen in older adults. Osteoarthritis is the leading cause of this. Learn more about this condition here. Read Article

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Osteoarthritis (OA) is a chronic joint disorder in which there is progressive softening and disintegration of articular cartilage accompanied by new growth of bone at the joint margins and capsular fibrosis. Osteoarthritis may be asymmetrically or symmetrically distributed and often localized to onl...  Read Article

I have constant fight or flight feeling. Is it due to panic attack?

Query: Hi doctor, I have what I believe is a panic disorder. I have episodes where my stress gets too high something gets triggered and I felt stuck in constant fight or flight like a constant panic attack which lasts for atleast 2 months. Sometimes I can be calm in the evening but the next morning the pa...  Read Full »

I suffer from panic attack, anxiety, and fear of brain tumour even after doctors consultation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. My weight is 255 lb, and I am a smoker. I suffer from panic attack, anxiety, and fear of cancer for six years. Right now I have been spending all my day reading about brain tumor because I think I have it since I have all the symptoms. Two weeks ago I had a pan...  Read Full »