Q. One of my tonsils is bigger than the other. Why?

Dr. Nishant

19, Female, Not a smoker/don’t drink alcohol. One of my tonsils has been bigger than the other. I noticed it especially after one of my wisdom teeth got infected and it gave me a sore throat. The infected tooth was on the left side but this tonsil enlargement thing is on the right. I can’t really tell if it’s red, and it doesn’t hurt. I feel like I had this since before my wisdom teeth infection, though. I don’t have any other symptoms. I noticed a blood blister on my cheek. But I am not sure if it is related. I do not feel to have any bumps on my neck or throat. I took Amoxycillin and Flagyl for the wisdom tooth infection which was around three months ago.

#

Hey, hope you are well.

I can understand your concern of one tonsil being larger than the other.

- But, I don't think that is an issue at the moment.

- As you mentioned, the sore throat is because of the wisdom tooth, and the treatment you're taking for it is correct.

- For now, the tonsil is not paining, and neither is it red or yellowish due to pus.

- So my advice would be to ignore the tonsil size for the time being. Most probably it will go away on its own.

- And even if it doesn't, there's nothing to worry as it is not giving you any trouble in swallowing, and it is not paining.

Follow up with me when the tooth infection is taken care of, or if the tonsil becomes red or yellow or painful.

Follow up if tonsil pains or becomes red.

|