Q. Why do I feel like something is stuck in my throat after a tonsil infection?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2020

I was suffering from an infection in my tonsil for the past four days. I went to an ENT specialist four days ago. He told me there is an infection and advised me antibiotic.

Now my pain in the tonsil has gone, but I am still feeling something stuck in my left side of the throat where there was tonsil pain. I do not have any problem with swallowing. Kindly advise me the needful.

#

Probably the infection got resolved, but the enlargement and hypertrophy of tonsils remain. You need to take a picture of the open throat showing both tonsils and send to us.

If the enlargement is very big and causes significant symptoms recurrently, we can remove the tonsils by tonsillectomy operation. In some individuals after infection, the tonsils remain slightly big giving a feeling of something stuck down the throat. You will need some decongestants and anti-inflammatory drugs in that case.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|