Q. My father's report states 'hypoechoic areas in the testis'. What does that mean?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 63 year old father is a diabetic patient. He suffered from a urinary tract infection of E.coli bacteria. He was treated and cured in a month. After this, he suffered from a scrotum pain and we got two ultrasounds done. In the first one, the report states 'Epididymo-orchitis'. Now, he is relieved of pain and the swelling is reduced, but not completely. The second ultrasound report states 'Enlarged left testis and epididymis altered echotexture, multiple hypoechoic areas are noted in the left testes measuring 16.1 by 9.5mm.' Can you please explain the second ultrasound report? What does it imply? What should we do next?

#

Diabetic patients are always prone to infection like urinary tract infections and orchitis.

• Hypoechoic areas in the testis mean small abscess cavities. This may require the removal of the testis to get treated.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|