Q. I have testicle pain after unprotected sex. Could it be epididymitis?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Pushkar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Epididymitis or Doppler Ultrasound? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have testicle pain after unprotected sex.  Could it be epididymitis?

I am a 28 year old male. I had unprotected sex last week. It was a three-hour long session and I was a little sore afterward but felt totally fine the next few days. Then, three days ago, I noticed a slight pain in my balls and the discomfort has continued until today. It is most painful when sleeping or sitting. It is not very severe but it does not feel great either. I was checked for all STD's on the next day and the results came in today, all being negative, which was a relief. However, I am still wondering why my balls are aching. They are not red, there are no lumps, and there are no other symptoms going on. From what I read, it seems like I have epididymitis. But, that seems to have too many other symptoms listed that I do not have. What do you think is the issue? I am very healthy and active.