Q. Can you go through my father's ERCP reports and tell me why he has jaundice?

Dr. Noushif. M

My father recently underwent an ERCP. I have attached his reports. He now has weight loss and jaundice. Please provide me your opinion.

#

I went through the ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• He has a block in the bile duct (the tube which brings liver secretions down to the intestine). This block can be either due to stones or some thickening or mass in the pathway at the junction of the bile duct and the intestine (duodenum). The block results in jaundice, loss of appetite and weight loss.
  • Currently, he has undergone temporary stenting to relieve the block where a tube is placed across the block.
  • A biopsy is also taken from the area. Now, we have to get the biopsy report to find out the exact cause of the block.
  • He should also get a scan (if possible a good contrast CT scan) to better characterize the cause of jaundice.

The final treatment depends on the cause of disease which has to be determined. Please revert with the biopsy report and scan reports, so that I can guide you further.

Revert with more information to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|