Q. How to rule out the cause for erectile dysfunction?

Dr. Duraisamy Palanisamy
Published on May 21, 2016

I am a 46 year old male. My weight is 75 kg and height is 6 feet. I do not have diabetes and BP. I have asthma which is under control. I am facing problems in getting erections. It is getting worse with time. I tried some treatments for depression and practiced relaxation techniques with no success. My erectile dysfunction problem is there during each sexual activity. The problem started some five years ago. I used to take Viagra 50 mg. The result was good initially but the hardness lasts only for 30 minutes maximum. I could not bear the side effects like headache and face swelling. Even that tablet is not working for me recently. My problem reached to unmanageable levels recently. I get early morning erections. I would like to be treated for this. I would like to know what tests to be done for identifying hormonal or any other deficiency. I will provide any other information as required. Thank you.

Dr. Duraisamy Palanisamy

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

I understand your problem.

• You cannot find any immediate result for your problem. Because, erectile dysfunction is a chronic problem.
  • It may be due to age or hormonal change, psychologic, etc. We have to rule out common problems first.
  • If everything is there then we have to rectify that. If not then go for step by step.
  • Your confidence and cooperation is must there. Continuous usage of Viagra (Sildenafil) is not advisable.
  • I will write the common hormonal tests first. After results, we will go further.
  • Tests have to be taken are hemoglobin, FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar), urea, creatinine, lipid profile, LFT (liver function tests), T3, T4, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), serum testosterone, ultrasound of whole abdomen and penile Doppler.

Revert back with the reports to a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Can Viagra and antibiotics be taken on the same day?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male, weight 69. Currently, I am on medication since last six days for viral fever and taking antibiotics. I am planning to have sex with my fiancee tomorrow. Can I take Viagra and antibiotics on the same day? Please suggest me a better tablet as I am doing it for t...  Read Full »

I wish to wean Veniz without withdrawal symptoms. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. Currently, I am taking 225 mg Veniz XR for depression. I am taking it for the past 6 years. My problem is ED. For the past one year, I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Please suggest me some medicine. I am unmarried. Can I use Sildenafil for one night stan...  Read Full »

What treatment can help me prolong my first session of sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male with a height of 180 cm and I weigh 83 kg. I am a father of three children. My problem is premature ejaculation. When I am having sexual intercourse, always the first round is very fast. It is just one to one and a half minutes and sometimes less than that. The...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now