Q. Is it normal to have headache after taking Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction?

I am 37 years old and my weight was 104 kg. I am having erectile dysfunction problem and tried before by using Sildenafil 50 mg tablets. Previously, I did not find any issues with this drug but nowadays, I am getting a headache and lower jaw pulling sense. Please suggest what can I do?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I can understand your problem. Sildenafil is a rapid-acting drug and has a short duration of actions. Sometimes, due to hypotension caused by Sildenafil, individuals might develop symptoms like a headache. This could be the reason in your case too. One option to prevent this is to drink plenty of water before taking the tablet. This will prevent fall in BP. The other option is to replace the drug with Tadalafil which is long-acting and less likely to cause such side effects. You can talk with your doctor about this.

| 

What dosage should I start with for Tadalafil?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Normally, 10 mg dose help in maintaining a strong erection. Tantex Forte has good efficacy but the drug should be taken regularly for around three months.

| 

I will go for 10 mg Tadalafil.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Great. Take care.

| 
Dear Sir,
If I have any same symptoms like headache or Some thing can I know how can I come out of from those side effects like Headache...dizziness...Here I can’t found any sexology Dr.

Any other Medicine should I use to come from those side effects.Please suggest..

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
# You will not get headache with Tadalafil

| 
Ok Thank you Sir....

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
# Thanks

| 
Sir Pharmacy people are Asking for Prescription Slip...I Show the Message they aren’t Accepting.Can you Please write it on slip can u send me the photo copy then I can show to Them.Thanks...

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
# You have to visit a doctor in person in order to get prescription
It’s not possible to provide online prescription for this drug

I am sorry for that

| 
Ok

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full »

I have erectile dysfunction and ejaculation problems. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My cum is not coming out by force or thrust. The cum is just flowing out of my penis. Three years earlier the cum was coming out by force or thrust. I am having erectile dysfunction may be since last two years or two and half years, and I was not having erectile disfunction earlier. I...  Read Full »

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

I have redness in my eyes. How to stop it from getting redder?
Hello doctor,I am a 16-year-old boy. I have a problem with my eyes, and I had this problem for a very long time. I do no...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now