Q. I am 28 years old and suffering from erectile dysfunction. What can be done?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2022

I am 28 years old and suffering from erectile dysfunction during sex with my wife. I had semi-hard erection two times. Six months before also I had a similar issue for 15 days then again I was normal after that but again issue has started since three days. I masturbate every day mostly while watching porn. So, what should I do? I am stressed and have performance pressure. I am taking Ashwagandha and Zinc supplement for 7 days.

#

If it is only on two occasions then you can wait, but if it is frequent then you can manage it by two approaches namely drug and behavioral. Drug therapy includes Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil. Behavioral therapy includes Masters and Johnson technique. It is difficult to explain here but you can google it, and try to practice it or can consult a psychiatrist in person for detail discussion on it. Also, you need to rule out medical conditions associated with erectile dysfunction namely cardiovascular disease, thyroid dysfunction, vitamin deficiencies, substance use disorder, etc. If the problem persists then consult a psychiatrist in person for evaluation.

Can I have psychological or physiological ED? Because I do not have any medical condition and I do gym regularly.

#

If you do not have any medical conditions, then it is most probably psychological in origin. However, you need to rule out medical conditions by taking some test, as certain medical conditions usually do not cause any symptoms initially but can be pick up by the investigation. So if you are sure that you do not have any medical problem, then your ED (erectile dysfunction) is psychological in origin.

|