iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologyerectile dysfunctionWhat medicine should I take to cope up with my ED?

What medicine should I take to cope up with my ED?

What medicine should I take to cope up with my ED?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 11, 2018
Reviewed AtOctober 19, 2022

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am a 41 year old male. Recently, I have faced ED during intercourse. Most of the early morning my penis get erect that let me wake up from sleeping and I feel the urge of having sex. But, while having sex the erection goes off along with excitement.

But, during masturbation it gets erected and ejaculation too good. For removing fatigues and to perform better, I started taking ayurvedic herbal medicine, but it did not help to do intercourse as my erection cannot sustain long. I have never faced this kind of experience earlier, though some times urge did not come due to tiredness. But, that had regained automatically.

My blood glucose level when I checked through Accu-Chek and it showed the level as 96. What is the reason and what should I do at the moment? Is this a symptom of ED for future? How can I cope up this? Is there any normal remedies? What medicine should I take temporarily to cope up the situation? Please advise thoroughly.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You are getting a good erection during masturbation and also in the early morning, but during sex you are not able to penetrate and has erection loses. The history itself suggests that the cause of erectile dysfunction is psychological and not any organic cause.

As, the reason for poor erection is psychological, the best way to cope with this is to take rest for a few days and spend a lot of time in foreplay. More and more foreplay would make hard erection and you will be able to penetrate.

You will not lose the potency in the future and so no need to worry. With time, the symptoms would improve.

For building up the confidence again and for hard erection, I suggest tablet Tadalafil or Sildenafil as and when required about half to one hour before intercourse. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

This will make strong erection and will increase your confidence. You can reduce the drug once your erection becomes better.

Herbal medicines like Tentex Forte or Confido can help to increase the power if used on a regular basis for about eight to 12 weeks. Take two tablets each twice a day.

For further information consult a sexologist online.

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have started taking Tetrafol Plus along with herbal medicine. Will that work on this matter? Actually, my wife is not so keen to get engaged in foreplay activity and she is not keen to have sex periodically. Even though if my desire rises that has to get reality after convincing and struggling. When the real time comes, my penis lose it erection to insert. Am I loosing sensitivity of my penis glans?


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

The medicines you have mentioned are supplements and these supplements can help in maintaining a good erection.

But, you are already getting good erections except when you are with your wife. So there is no need to take excess supplements for that. The problem is psychological and situational and not organic.

You are not losing the sensitivity of the glans. You have mentioned that your wife is not much interested in doing as well as in foreplay. This creates a repulsion in the unconscious mind and even upon getting hard you are not able to penetrate her.

Please try to understand that the main reason for poor erection is psychological due to non-cooperation from your wife and not due to any potency related causes.

Try to find ways to excite her and fix a day for sex. Once that time takes the tablet and you will not lose the erection. No need to remain distressed because the main problem is in cooperation and not in you.

For further information consult a sexologist online.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy