Q. Is it necessary to get a good morning erection every single day?

Dr. Prashanth

Is it necessary to get morning erection every day? Most of the time, I do not get morning wood and this is making me stressed out. I masturbate two to three times a week at night.

#

• Morning erection happens during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep and the length of REM sleep is more during the later stages of sleep, that is, early mornings.
  • Since you have been masturbating regularly and have no problems, there is no need to worry.
  • Your sleep pattern needs to be evaluated. If you are not getting enough sleep, the REM phase will be shortened and noticing a significant erection after waking up is less likely. 
  • So, I suggest that if you have a good erection during masturbation, there is no need for worry. Do not bother too much about it right now. 

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|