Q. Is it necessary to get a good morning erection every single day?

Dr. Prashanth. B
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 06, 2022

Is it necessary to get a morning erection every day? Most of the time, I do not get morning wood, and this makes me stressed out. I masturbate two to three times a week at night.

#

Morning erection happens during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, and the length of REM sleep is more during the later stages of sleep, that is, early mornings. Since you have been masturbating regularly and have no problems, there is no need to worry.

Your sleep pattern needs to be evaluated. If you are not getting enough sleep, the REM phase will be shortened, and noticing a significant erection after waking up is less likely. So, I suggest that if you have a good erection during masturbation, there is no need to worry. Do not bother too much about it right now.

|