Q. I am experiencing weight loss, stomach burn and throat pain. Why?

Dr. A K Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 04, 2020

I feel nausea and painful throat. It is paining inside the throat and some coffee color blood came out from the throat while spitting. I am experiencing unexpected weight loss for the last four months. I also have nausea, chest pain and stomach burning. I had an endoscope and a blood test. My doctor prescribed me to take Montek-LC and Medrob 4 mg. Please help.

#

I have gone through your query and attached files (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It appears that you are suffering from erosive gastritis. This in turn leads to gastroesophageal reflux disease.
  • I suggest you antacid with PPI (proton-pump inhibitors). Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Avoid spicy food. Have a sound sleep and adequate fluids orally.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I feel fine with my stomach issues and now I have only throat pain. My eosinophils 8 and absolute eosinophil count (AE count) 560.

#

I understand your concern.

• Your problem is because of the acidity and dyspepsia. Though you are feeling well with your stomach, you have to continue your antacid.
  • For throat issue, I suggest an antibiotic like Amoxicillin, Vitamin C supplement and coagulant like Trenaxa (Tranexamic acid). Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • If you are a smoker, then avoid it. Probably this will help you.

For further doubts conult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|