Q. I have floaters. Should I worry about my vision?

Dr. Zubair A. Shaikh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have eye floaters. There is no family history of glaucoma. I do not smoke or drink and also not eating non-vegetarian foods at present. My eye pressure in both the eyes are 18 to 20 mmHg. My floater eight years ago after severe eye infection from welding light radiation. There is no OVD or retina problem. Should I worry about my eyes? How much it is prone to develop glaucoma? Is there any threat to my vision? Please check my OCT report and guide me. Thank you.

#

• I have checked your OCT - optical coherence tomography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it appears normal.
  • You have not mentioned your vision? If your vision is also normal, then I think your eyes are healthy.
  • Floaters can also be innocent floaters. As long as there is no sudden increase in numbers and there is no symptom of flashes of light, there is nothing to worry about.
  • My only advice is that you should also do a visual field analysis test for a baseline record. Repeat it along with OCT every year.

For further doubts consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|