Floaters

Are eye floaters something to be worried about?

Query: Hello doctor! Since long i have been noticing floaters sort of thing when i am in sunlight or very bright light or in tubelight. I didn't pay much attention because i thought it is common. But now I'm worried is it something serious? I also have myopic vision since few years but never wore any corre...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. Floaters are a common occurrence for almost everybody especially as you grow older and even more so in myopic eyes. It is most noticeable when looking at a white wall or in bright light just like you mentioned and only a keen observer will notice it. They are nothing but...  Read Full »

I have floaters. Should I worry about my vision?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye floaters. There is no family history of glaucoma. I do not smoke or drink and also not eating non-vegetarian foods at present. My eye pressure in both the eyes are 18 to 20 mmHg. My floater eight years ago after severe eye infection from welding light radiation. There is no OVD...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your OCT - optical coherence tomography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it appears normal. You have not mentioned your vision? If your vision is also normal, then I think your eyes are healthy. Floaters can also be innocent floa...  Read Full »

Operated for cervical cancer. Explain about the current stage of the tumour ?

Query: Hello Doctor, My mother was operated on 18th July for cervical cancer (Wertheim's Hysterectomy). The operation was successful and she is fine and recovering. After the surgical biopsy, they declared it as stage 2B. Further we sent her slides to the laboratory for review and there they found th...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports and my opinion is as follows: Diagnosis is that of squamous cell carcinoma of cervix, moderately differentiated, non-keratinizing type. Your mother has undergone Wertheim's hysterectomy, also called radical hysterectomy. This is the surgic...  Read Full »

Do I have urinary problems because I have just one kidney?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old guy, with one kidney. One year ago, I made a CT scan with contrast. A week after this event, I started to have white stuff in the urine. If I am sitting, there are white things floating on the surface. If I am up, it starts to foam a lot. So, I did a blood and urine ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First, let us discuss the prognosis of a single kidney. I have had many patients in the OPD (out patient department) with an incidentally detected single kidney in the age group of 60's. Also,...  Read Full »

Is my blurred vision related to the dose of Metoprolol?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last five days, I am experiencing a kind of blurred vision. Initially, I was on Metoprolol 50 mg as I had a viral infection on the muscles of the heart. This time, when I visited my cardiologist, he said that the viral infection is almost gone and reduced my dose to 25 mg. After t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blurred vision is not related to this decreased dose of Metoprolol, but do not worry. It will become alright soon. If this blurred vision persists, consult a local ophthalmologist and get eyesight checked. In the eye, we have two segments. They are anterior and poste...  Read Full »