Q. Is it possible that either LipiFlow or IPL caused my eye floaters?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath
Hi! Two questions-

I have dry eye. I went to a dry eye center and they did Lipiflow and one session of IPL laser. Ever since, my eyes have felt less dry but I've been seeing a lot of floaters.
I checked with an opthamologist and he said my eye looks healthy, he was able to see my floaters and said I don't qualify for laser due to my age.

-Is it possible these Lipiflow or IPL caused my floaters?
I didn't notice them before to this extent. I do have myopia -3.5. and my prescription has worsened a bit this past year (-.25). Could this be the reason for my floaters?

-Can I use ortho k or any other myopia management to stop my prescription from changing in the future? I am 24 years old.

Thank you!
#

There is a jelly like substance in the eye called Vitrious and as age progresses it starts to liquify or if it gets detaches you start seeing floaters. It is common in myopes.

It is not due to IPL laser. You should go to an Ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is increase in number of these floaters. Or if you are seeing flashes of light .

Because these are the signs of RETINAL DETACHMENT . Get retina checked if you have above symptoms. -.25 number variation is normal no need to worry . Ortho k is not needed. Take care

|