Q. What could be the black dot I see that does not move on rubbing?

Dr. Souhad
Published on Sep 14, 2019

I see a black dot that has not gone away since yesterday does not move when I rub my eye or blink. It is more significant than floaters I usually see. It seems to move when I jiggle my eye a lot and moves slowly down after I shake my eye.

Dr. Souhad

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

The fact that it is moving confirms that is also a floater but maybe newly acquired. Your age does not seem to put you in any danger of systemic diseases unless there is a family history of some genetic diseases. Marijuana does not seem to be the cause either. However, there is an increasing number of articles waiving about some side effects of CBD (Cannabidiol) products. I would suggest you visit the ophthalmologist for a more detailed evaluation to be on the safe side.

| 

Can laser be used to treat eye floaters and retinal tears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I have eye floaters in both my eyes. I am suffering from nearsightedness, and I have retinal tears. I consulted several doctors, but I did not get proper answers. The topic of eye floaters is not studied well in my country. My ophthalmologist says that I should do no...  Read Full »

My wife and kid have yellowish eye discharge. How to cure this?

Query: Hi doctor, Today morning, my kid 1.5 years old and wife's eyes got stuck with yellow discharge. The top of the eye become slightly red, and the eye seems heavy and tiny little bit. The eyes were cleaned with saline water, and the yellow deposit got cleared. How to avoid further yellow discharge and ...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe premenstrual syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old female. I am married. I have two sons. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism over ten years ago and I am on medication. I am having a horrible time with pms over last few months. I used to have terrible headaches and irritability before few days of my periods. Now it h...  Read Full »