Eye Checkup

I see a black dot which does not move on rubbing of my eyes. What it is?

Query: Hello doctor, I see a black dot that has not gone away since yesterday does not move when I rub my eye or blink. It is more significant than floaters I usually see. It seems to move when I jiggle my eye a lot and moves slowly down after I shake my eye.  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that it is moving confirms that is also a floater but maybe newly acquired. Your age does not seem to put you in any danger of systemic diseases unless there is a family history of some genetic diseases. Marijuana does not seem to be the cause either. Howeve...  Read Full »

I got bleach in my eye. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I got some bleach splash into my eye after dropping it on the floor. I have already rinsed it for 30 minutes and it is red. But I do not have pain. It feels dry, and it is not lubricating after all the rinsing.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleach is an acidic solution, and it has harmful effects on the eye. The good thing you did that you rinsed it with water, but sometimes it causes abrasion of the cornea, because of which you have redness and dryness. It is important to show a...  Read Full »

What causes floating images in the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old, and I see some floating images and sometimes see a small flash of light in both the eyes. I consulted a doctor, who told me to take Vesoret capsule and use Nevanac eye drops for three months. But after using it for three months, there is no difference. Please give me so...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know if you wear glasses. If yes, then what is your refraction? Secondly, these floating images are called as vitreous floaters, which are harmless but bothering. These are physiological changes. Thirdly, since you are complaining of flash, for th...  Read Full »

My 3 months old baby's vision has not developed yet. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old now. We got her examined by an eye specialist this week, but the doctor said that her vision is not yet developed due to which she cannot see or differentiate colors. As per the doctor's examination my daughter's eyeballs, retina, etc., are fine but the lin...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are the symptoms that the child has? Does she have nystagmus or oscillating movements of the eye? Does the child grab toys presented to her? Is the size of her eyes smaller than usual or cross-eyed or squint? Was only a routine examination done for her? Physiologica...  Read Full »

How to choose contact lenses for my power?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy contact lenses. I have a spectacle power on both my eyes. The power in my right eye is -2.75, cylinder - 0.50, and axis 20. In the left eye - 2.75, cylinder - 0.75, and axis 20. Please recommend what lens I should opt for. I need a recommendation for both regular wear a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from your history that you are having a refractive error in the form of myopia and astigmatism. This requires a correction by concave lenses and cylindrical lenses. You can go for the prescribed glasses or contact lenses. Coming to the choice of type of lense...  Read Full »

Noticed a broken blood vessel in my baby's eye. Should I check out immediately?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 10 weeks old. Today I have noticed that he suddenly got a broken blood vessel in his right eye. It never happened before. He did cry and possibly scratched his eye right before it appeared. But, he did these things on multiple other occasions as well and never had a broken ves...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. It is something that will heal. Here are a few points that I would like to mention. Various covering membranes of the eye in children below the age of 6 months are weak, but the best part is that if they are damaged, they heal quickly as the child is rapi...  Read Full »

My 2.7 years old daughter has cylindrical eye number. Is it a sign of keratoconus?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my 2.7 years old daughter's eyes checked, and she has a cylindrical number of -1 and -1.25 at 180 axis. Will it increase as she grows? Is the test done on the machine, reliable? I hope this is not a sign of keratoconus.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This may be a sign of keratoconus, but not for sure. It depends on the progression. If it progresses rapidly and corneal thinning occurs, then only it can be called as keratoconus. At present it is astigmatism. And you should start using glasses. Yes, it will change in...  Read Full »

My son sprayed mosquito repellant close to his eyes. Will this cause any impact?

Query: Hi doctor, My son pressed a herbal mosquito repellant spray close to his eyes. I am not sure whether the liquid directly sprayed into his eyes. We immediately washed his eyes and nose as he complained about a burning sensation. But soon it was over, he can see things and recognize colors. Will this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Give a thorough wash with clean water for at least half an hour. If there is any burning or redness or pain or excessive watering, please do visit an ophthalmologist immediately. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icl...  Read Full »

How to prevent headache in myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from myopia. My vision has been degrading continuously and I have continuous headache. It disturbs me so much while studying. What should I do? Will it continue or it can be prevented cautiously?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Myopia is the most common refractive error at your age. At 17 years, progression of refractive error or your glass numbers is expected. So, do not worry. As your height grows, so does the length of eye ball in some cases. Please get your glasses remade with comfortable de...  Read Full »

Diagnosed with spherical powers in eyes,How to control the progression of myopia?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5.5 years old, and he has been diagnosed with spherical powers of -3.5 and -4.0 in both eyes respectively. I am tensed considering his age. The local doctors say that the power will increase with age. How much would it increase? And are there any means to control it?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandrashekhar Kale

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child has myopia and usually, minus spherical number increases with body growth and age. However, it is very difficult to predict how much it will increase nor are there any means to prevent it. He needs to wear his glasses constantly for maximum visual improvemen...  Read Full »