Eye Checkup

Why do I have a small blind spot only on my left eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I noticed a small blind spot in my left eye last month. It is located approximately at x: -2.5. y: 6 on an Amsler grid. It is relatively small, just small enough to make a cursor on my screen disappear, but also close enough to the center that I constantly noti...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are complaining about a blind spot, we have to do eye tests (Glaucoma workup). The examination has to be done to know what it is. It includes vision, refraction, slit-lamp examination, gonioscopy, field test (Perimetry), OCT scan, and retina evaluation. Yo...  Read Full »

What can I do for squeezing headache above my eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a headache that seems to be squeezing my head right above the eyes. It happened yesterday after completing my work. I tried to sleep at that time but I am not able to sleep. I am using eyeglasses and I am not sure whether these two are related.   Read Full »

Dr. Seyedaidin Sajedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention whether you have this headache for the first time. Please mention its onset whether it seems to increase gradually or it seems to be a thunderclap headache. Please mention whether you have a fever or nasal discharge in the past few days.   Read Full »

Why is my menstrual flow lighter now?

Query: Hi doctor, Six years before, I attempted suicide by drinking phenyl. At that time, my only son was just 7 months old. Immediately, my mother-in-law took me to the hospital. I vomited a lot and have been treated well by doctors. As my son was small, after doctor's suggestion I fed my son. Also, I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, forget what happened at the age of 30 years. You have a beautiful life and a very good son. So, think positive. That thing does not have any relation to your present complaint. Secondly, if you have asthma problem, then do have an inhalation pump with y...  Read Full »

How long does eye dilation test take?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 9 years, went for an eye test. They put some drops for four times in an hour duration. Then, the doctor has told her to come the next day, but within the gap of 24 hours. Is that right? Can you tell me the time limit to do dilation test for eye examination?   Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no time limit for dilation. The doctor would have called your daughter to do a post-dilation test. In which case, no further dilation is needed. The initial dilation was to check the power of the eye after paralyzing the accommodating muscles. Children tend to...  Read Full »

I see a black dot which does not move on rubbing of my eyes. What it is?

Query: Hello doctor, I see a black dot that has not gone away since yesterday does not move when I rub my eye or blink. It is more significant than floaters I usually see. It seems to move when I jiggle my eye a lot and moves slowly down after I shake my eye.  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fact that it is moving confirms that is also a floater but maybe newly acquired. Your age does not seem to put you in any danger of systemic diseases unless there is a family history of some genetic diseases. Marijuana does not seem to be the cause either. Howeve...  Read Full »

I got bleach in my eye. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I got some bleach splash into my eye after dropping it on the floor. I have already rinsed it for 30 minutes and it is red. But I do not have pain. It feels dry, and it is not lubricating after all the rinsing.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleach is an acidic solution, and it has harmful effects on the eye. The good thing you did that you rinsed it with water, but sometimes it causes abrasion of the cornea, because of which you have redness and dryness. It is important to show a...  Read Full »

What causes floating images in the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old, and I see some floating images and sometimes see a small flash of light in both the eyes. I consulted a doctor, who told me to take Vesoret capsule and use Nevanac eye drops for three months. But after using it for three months, there is no difference. Please give me so...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know if you wear glasses. If yes, then what is your refraction? Secondly, these floating images are called as vitreous floaters, which are harmless but bothering. These are physiological changes. Thirdly, since you are complaining of flash, for th...  Read Full »

My 3 months old baby's vision has not developed yet. Is this normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 3 months old now. We got her examined by an eye specialist this week, but the doctor said that her vision is not yet developed due to which she cannot see or differentiate colors. As per the doctor's examination my daughter's eyeballs, retina, etc., are fine but the lin...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are the symptoms that the child has? Does she have nystagmus or oscillating movements of the eye? Does the child grab toys presented to her? Is the size of her eyes smaller than usual or cross-eyed or squint? Was only a routine examination done for her? Physiologica...  Read Full »

How to choose contact lenses for my power?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy contact lenses. I have a spectacle power on both my eyes. The power in my right eye is -2.75, cylinder - 0.50, and axis 20. In the left eye - 2.75, cylinder - 0.75, and axis 20. Please recommend what lens I should opt for. I need a recommendation for both regular wear a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from your history that you are having a refractive error in the form of myopia and astigmatism. This requires a correction by concave lenses and cylindrical lenses. You can go for the prescribed glasses or contact lenses. Coming to the choice of type of lense...  Read Full »

Noticed a broken blood vessel in my baby's eye. Should I check out immediately?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 10 weeks old. Today I have noticed that he suddenly got a broken blood vessel in his right eye. It never happened before. He did cry and possibly scratched his eye right before it appeared. But, he did these things on multiple other occasions as well and never had a broken ves...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. It is something that will heal. Here are a few points that I would like to mention. Various covering membranes of the eye in children below the age of 6 months are weak, but the best part is that if they are damaged, they heal quickly as the child is rapi...  Read Full »