Q. After scratching, my right eye becomes red in the inner corner. Is this eye infection?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

My contact scratched my eye the other day. My eye has become progressively worse. It is my right eye and it is red closet to the inner corner and when I blink, it feels gritty. I think it is just an eye infection.

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It is conjunctivitis. Use Moxifloxacin eye drops four times a day for two weeks. Just Tears eye drops (Carboxy methylcellulose) four times a day for two weeks. Do warm compress three times a day.

Stop using contact lenses until the eye is quite. If the black part of the eye (cornea) starts becoming white at the corner, it is corneal ulcer which requires vigorous treatment, and you need to consult a local ophthalmologist as soon as possible. (since you gave history of scratch). Keep checking the cornea (black part of the eye).

| 

Can you give a prescription? It is too late to see a doctor now.

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have attached in prescription please check. These are the eye drops they are over the counter only.

Moxifloxacin eye drops four times a day for two weeks. Just Tears eye drops (Carboxy Methylcellulose) four times a day for two weeks. Warm compress three times a day.

Corneal ulcer.

Wear sunglasses while going out in sun.

|