Q. I got hit in the eye, and now it is inflamed. Please help.

Dr. Shikha
Published on Jun 17, 2017

I have an eye inflammation due to an unintended punch that I received. My eye looks red and swollen. Please let me know some medications for the same.

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

If you feel any problems in vision and restricted mobility on one side, you should rush to the emergency room immediately.

• Get an x-ray of the orbit done on the affected side.
  • Get your intraocular pressure and retina checked by an ophthalmologist.
  • For swelling, you can do a cold compress.
  • For redness, you can use lubricant eye drops, and Amnac (Nepafenac) drops, both thrice a day in the affected eye.
  • But remember, your other eye may also get involved sooner or later. It is known as sympathetic ophthalmitis. So, any difficulty in vision within a year should not be ignored.

For further queries consult an ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Thanks for the suggestion. I do not have any vision problem.

Dr. Shikha

My father has a constant pain in head after eye surgery. Please give your expert advice.

Query: Hi doctor, My father, who is 53 years old, is suffering from diabetic retinopathy and has undergone vitreoretinal surgery. After the surgery, his eye (right) responded well. But now, there is a constant pain in his head. The doctors said that there is some pressure in the eye, which increases and re...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The eye has got pressure known as intraocular pressure (IOP) just like your blood pressure. The normal eye pressure range is 10 to 21 mmHg. Beyond this pressure, the neurons present in the optic nerve (a nerve that connects eye to the brain) starts damaging leading to...  Read Full

I have dry eyes, eye strain and stinging due to constant computer use. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eye problems since the last three years due to heavy computer usage. The eyes feel dry, and sometimes there is burning. Reading strains my eyes. I take Omega 369 tablets when this problem occurs, and then I would be alright for 15 to 30 days. But, it would resurface af...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no permanent treatment for dry eyes. The treatment options are: Take a break after every hour of computer work. Blink a lot. Apply cold compresses. Use anti-glare glasses. Use lubricating eyedrop frequently like refresh tears. You may use either Omega-3 fatty...  Read Full

My eyes become reddish and watery when exposed to bright light. Is it due to contact lens?

Query: Hi doctor, I am wearing contact lenses of -2.5 on both eyes. Since last week, whenever I get exposed to bright light (both indoor and outdoor), my eyelids get closed, and it is hard to get it open for a while, which makes eyes more reddish and watery. I have not consulted any doctor, but I have been...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be dryness associated with contact lens use. I suggest you try doing the following: Kindly use contact lens for a specific duration (8 hours a day). Cold compresses. Use lubricating eye drops frequently, like Systane Ultra. I hope this will help you. Regard...  Read Full