Q. How long will it take for the side effects due to Dysport to fade away after an eyebrow lift procedure?

Dr. Jain Vicky Ghewarchand

I am 23 years old, and I had an eyebrow lift procedure done about one and a half months back. I had 62.5 units injected into my glabella area and the sides of the eyebrows. Unfortunately, I am experiencing some side effects. My brows dropped, and as a result, my eyes looked more hooded than normal. My question is, how long does it take before the effect of Dysport wears off, and when will the side effects go away? When will I get all my wrinkles back? I also read several studies about the duration of Dysport. One study used a method called CMAP; their result was that muscle activity went back to normal after 14 months. While several other studies showed that the median duration of time was three to five months. Because of this, my other question is, when will my muscle activity turn back to normal, and when will the hooded eyes go away? Does it take 14 months, or should I expect it to last four to five months?

Kind regards.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

The normal action of Botox (Botulinum toxin) wears off in five to six months. But, 14 to 15 months is the highest duration of the action.

Botox or Dysport (abobotulinumtoxinA) ideally do not have long-lasting effects; that is why they have to be repeated over six to nine months.

So, ideally, it should wear off in this duration.

I really do not understand this because these are huge time gaps. Botox wears off in five to six months, but then six to nine months is the ideal time to get it again. So when does it really wear off? Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

It takes six to nine months, but the apparent fading is seen after about five to six months.

I suggest that waiting will surely help.

|