Q. What is the treatment for weak eyebrow hair?

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on May 22, 2019

My eyebrow hair root is very weak. After washing my face with water, and after wiping it with cotton cloth, I find 5 to 10 eyebrows are falling daily. Please suggest me treatment (medicine or capsules or oil) for firm eyebrow root.

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand that your problem could be disconcerting and it can be resolved. Do you have dandruff or any other issues over the scalp or your eyebrows? If so, treatment should be directed at that. Also, please attach a photo of the same taken in bright light and sharp focus. We can decide on the appropriate treatment based on the above.

When I was 16 years old, I shaved and plucked my eyebrow unknowingly near the (up) nose. But the remaining eyebrow root is very weak. I want to make eyebrow root strong for the future. I had never plucked the remaining eyebrows. Yes, dandruff is seen, and it increases during the winter season. Please suggest me medicine, oil, shampoo or tablet.

Dr. Hari Hara Sudhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

If you have dandruff, I would suggest you start using Ketoconazole shampoo weekly once over the scalp and eyebrows. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it off. Slight thinning of the eyebrows seen from your photograph appears normal for me (attachmenet removed to protect patient identity). If you are too concerned, you can apply Minoxidil 3 % solution daily night over the eyebrows alone. It could cause good growth of hair in a month.

Please suggest a treatment for dandruff.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from dandruff for more than a year. I am a prefinal year student and my gender is female. Please suggest a solution for dandruff. Can I use One shot dandruff killer?  Read Full »

Initially Minoxidil helped me in growing hair, but not now. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am using Minoxidil for nine months now for the bald patches on my head. A little progress was seen between 3 to 4 months but no progress recorded afterwards. Can you suggest me what is wrong or if I should change my prescription?  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Minoxidil continuously for male pattern baldness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from male pattern baldness along with dandruff. Because of dandruff, I keep on itching my scalp. I consulted a doctor, and she recommended me to use Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion along with Adgain capsule and a mild medicated shampoo. I used these prod...  Read Full »