Q. I have developed a very bad face allergy, possibly caused by my new perfume. Please help.

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 28, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 15, 2018

I have developed a very bad face allergy, possibly caused by my new perfume. It itches very badly. It has created swollen patches on my chin, jaw, and cheeks. Please help.

#

Stop using all the creams or cosmetics for the time being. I suggest you try doing the following:

1. Wipe the affected area with saline water 2 to 3 times a day initially.
  2. Tablet Cetirizine, twice daily.
  3. You may require topical steroid like Hydrocortisone after the oozing stops, or oral steroids may be required if severe.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

|