Cosmetics Allergy

Can Hydrocortisone cream be used if the face becomes red and inflamed after a chemical peel?

Query: Hello doctor,Five weeks ago, I did a much too deep Jessner and a 30 % TCA combination peel myself. I swelled so much 24 hours after the peel that my eyes almost shut. Yes, this was a terrible mistake. My face is still red, but slowly resolving and I have been keeping it constantly moist and have bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is redness on the side of the forehead. Redness from a deep peel can stay for months. Instead of a massage, I suggest you use a topical steroid cream, pr...  Read Full »

Are marks on the skin a side effect of Biluma cream?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is for my girl. She is 24 years young. She recently went for an interview and applied a branded cosmetic cream. Her skin tone is fair and extremely sensitive. Overnight, she got ridiculous marks on both sides of the face. Please find attached images. Now, those marks are no...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Before applying the cream, did she have acne over the cheeks? Does she have a habit of picking the pimples with her nails? The reason I ask is that there is post-inflammatory hyperpigmen...  Read Full »

Why do I have pimples after forgetting to remove my make up off?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have this problem for about two weeks. I think this is because I did not remove my make up after a party and slept off. And the very next day, I got small red pimples on my face. I have this redness or spots on both sides of my cheeks. What could this be? Plea...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This might be allergic contact dermatitis or cosmetic-induced acne. Make sure that you do not get exposed to that chemical within the next 10 days otherwise there are chances of sensitization and can cause further flare-up of the disease. Apply the following medicines o...  Read Full »

My new perfume has caused a very bad face allergy. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed a very bad face allergy, possibly caused by my new perfume. It itches very badly. It has created swollen patches on my chin, jaw, and cheeks. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stop using all the creams or cosmetics for the time being. I suggest you try doing the following: Wipe the affected area with saline water 2 to 3 times a day initially. Tablet Cetirizine, twice daily. You may require topical steroid like Hydrocortisone after the oo...  Read Full »

I have burning, swelling, peeling, and bleeding of lips. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,Something is wrong with my lips. It all started a couple of days ago- burning, swelling, peeling, oozing and bleeding. There are also tiny, fluid-filled blisters. I went to the doctor today, but she wasn't sure whether there was a bacterial infection. She prescribed me antibiotics just ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It could be an allergic reaction to some lip cosmetics or it could be a sun-induced eruption that is a phototoxic reaction. I suggest you use a topical antibiotic like either Neosporin ointmen...  Read Full »

Why do I have loose skin around eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing problem of loose skin around eyes. Ophthalmologists have described it to be eye allergy. They have suggested anti-inflammatory drops Systane Ultra, but it did not help. Is this a case of plastic surgery? Also, why has this happened so quickly over a period of five months? I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and can appreciate the puffiness below both eyes. There are few causes of such puffiness, which I would like to explain in pointwise manner. Excessive sleeplessness (very less sleep) is one of ...  Read Full »

Why does my skin of collarbone constantly reacts and breaks out?

Query: Hello doctor,I have this issue on my collarbone where my skin constantly reacts and breaks out since high school. I would wear crew neck shirts to cover it. More recently I have controlled breakouts with a salicylic acid skin wash but it is more than breakout prone skin. I also cannot wear necklaces...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Well, there is nothing to be ashamed of and your problem has nothing to do with cleanliness. I do not know why your doctor has said so. Anyways be patient. You are having two problems. Contact dermatitis which is a type of allergy caused b...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of a red rash above the lip line?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a red rash slightly above my lip line. It is dry and sometimes a little itchy. I did not use to have it, but it started around the time my partner got on acne medication and it does not go away, with the exception of when I traveled abroad for vacation. For some reason, it went ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is perioral dermatitis. It may be secondary to cheilitis as well. Also, It may be due to: Cosmetics like lip balm. Contact allergens like a new toothpaste. An irritation secondary to mouthwash and dentrifices. An exposure to an extreme enviro...  Read Full »

What can cause upper eyelid swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed that the upper lid of my eye is swollen. It does not have the signs of inflammation but rather the lid is being like edematous. It is itchy in the night. Can it be normal again? What is it and what should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and according to me you have developed an allergic contact dermatitis. It can be due to anything you have applied on the eyes or due to any volatile substance. I would recommend you ...  Read Full »