Q. What can be the reason for the dent in my kneecap?

Answered by Dr. Atul Prakash and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on Fat Necrosis or Physiotherapy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I was run over by a car four months ago. I got an MRI and the doctors said all my ligaments and meniscus look fine. However, my kneecap is dented in, slightly swollen above the cap. If I overuse my knee, the whole leg swells. I have been going to wound care doctors for four months for this. I have constant pain shoot up to my hip and every five to 10 minutes the knee burns and starts shooting pain all over to the point where I want to cry. I cannot feel the pain on the skin and the meat on the right side of my left knee but it still hurts when I move. I have attached the films for your reference. Is there anything else that can be wrong with it? I feel the doctor has not correctly diagnosed the condition.