Q. What does grade-1 fatty liver mean?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

All my reports are normal except one. They told me that I have a grade-1 fatty liver. What does this mean?

#

• The liver functions as a filtering system of the intestines. The blood that leaves the stomach first needs to pass through the liver before it exits from the intestines.
  • The liver also secretes bile, a fluid that is required to break down fats during the digestion process. Fatty liver is an abnormal condition of the liver where there is excess fatty infiltration in the liver or in simpler words, excess accumulation of fats in the liver cells. This causes the liver to expand and adds more weight to the organ.

For further queries consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|