Q. What does grade-1 fatty liver mean?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S
Published on Oct 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

All my reports are normal except one. They told me that I have a grade-1 fatty liver. What does this mean?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology
#

• The liver functions as a filtering system of the intestines. The blood that leaves the stomach first needs to pass through the liver before it exits from the intestines.
  • The liver also secretes bile, a fluid that is required to break down fats during the digestion process. Fatty liver is an abnormal condition of the liver where there is excess fatty infiltration in the liver or in simpler words, excess accumulation of fats in the liver cells. This causes the liver to expand and adds more weight to the organ.

For further queries consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

| 

Is BUN to creatinine ratio normal in my reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you please have a look at my reports. Is my BUN to creatinine ratio normal? I am diabetic and I have been taking Glykind-M, half a tablet every day.  Read Full »

My latest reports showed non-alcoholic fatty liver and hypercholesterolemia. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male, and I weigh 84 kg. I have a history of asthma, for which I use Salbutamol. I also have eczema and alopecia, for which I use topical Hydrocortisone and Finasteride 1 mg respectively. I do not smoke or drink. My last routine investigation, which I did last year,...  Read Full »

Fatty Liver - Symptoms, Grades, and Diagnosis

Article Overview: The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filter out the harmful substances. In this article, read about the various grades of fatty changes that can take place in the liver and how they can be effectively managed. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume and filter out the harmful substances. A certain amount of fat is normal if present in the liver. But due to various factors, excess fat can start accumulating in the liver. Initially, there...  Read Article