Q. Is BUN to creatinine ratio normal in my reports?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Can you please have a look at my reports. Is my BUN to creatinine ratio normal? I am diabetic and I have been taking Glykind-M, half a tablet every day.

#

• I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). BUN-creatinine ratio is fine. It is not significant here. It is important only if individual values are abnormal. So nothing to worry about it.
  • Other abnormalities are noticed, like deranged lipid profile. It is probably fatty liver leading to an elevated ALT (Alanine transaminase), low vitamin-D, low folic acid, and elevated homocysteine.
  • I suggest you get prescribed the following:
  1. Tablet Rosuvastatin 10 mg at bedtime for deranged lipid profile, 
  2. Tablet Folic acid, 5 mg once a day, 
  3. Tablet Uprise D3 (Vitamin D) 60,000 units, once a week for eight weeks, then once a month for six months.
  • A healthy lifestyle including balanced diet and regular exercises is very important.

Hope this helps you.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|