Q. I get anxious with the thought that I am infected with rabies. What can I do?

Answered by Dr. Mashfika N Alam and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Fear Of Rabies or Psychological Counselling? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been anxious since I thought I was bitten by a cat last year. I am pretty sure that I am immune to rabies because I was not bitten but the problem is, every time I feel something in my body, I get really anxious because of the thought that the illness was caused by rabies. My mind thinks I am infected but I am really not. Is there something I can do?