Q. I have an erectile issue, and my wife does not get discharge even after intercourse. Kindly help.

Dr. Sharath Kumar. C

I am 30-years-old male, and I am married. My height is 5'6," and my weight is 80 kg. I have an issue with an erection during intercourse. I cannot stay hard and erect for more than 30 minutes. And my wife did not have any discharge even after 30 minutes of intercourse.

Kindly help.

#

Your wife has hyposexual desire disorder (HSDD). It is due to loss of libido. There are several causes for HSDD. Previous sexual abuse may result in avulsion to sexual activity, and some medications such as antidepressants, Paroxetine, and Fluoxetine may result in HSDD. Changing to Bupropion usually improves sex drive.

Any birth control might affect libido, though the specific effects you experience can vary depending on the method you choose. Using a condom may cause vaginal irritation and result in loss of libido. Spermicides used during intercourse may cause itching and other irritation. Oral Contraceptives may also lead to decreased libido.

Treatment for HSDD in women:

1) Counselling may help women who have undergone sexual abuse.

2) Hormone therapy.

3) Estrogen pill, patch, spray, or gel can improve the sexual response.

4) Also, Estrogen vaginal cream or suppository can increase blood flow to the vagina and help improve desire.

5) Low dose of vaginal Sildenafil Citrate tablet is also helpful in some women.

6) Yoga and meditation may help to elevate sexual mood.

7) Masturbation may also help.

|