Q. Other than surgery, is there a treatment for my mother's femoral neck fracture?

Dr. Anuj Gupta

My mother is suffering from a left femoral neck fracture. Is there any other treatment other than surgery? Please suggest.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Surgery
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The age of the patient is 72 years. At this age and with this fracture, there is more harm in not doing surgery as compared to doing surgery. Such patients can develop respiratory difficulties, bed sore, and infection due to immobilization. Hemiarthroplasty is a good option at this age, but in some conditions, a total hip replacement would be ideal. But it is decided after seeing the patient.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

Manual or Manipulative Therapy for Orthopedic Problems - An Alternative Treatment

Article Overview: Manual therapy or manipulative therapy is a hands-on therapy for many major as well as minor disorders for the bone and muscles, and stiff joints. Read Article

Dr. Shwetanjali Gandhe
Physiotherapist

Manipulative therapy is a widely used treatment procedure implemented by physiotherapists and occupational therapists. The treatment protocol uses specific methods aimed to relieve pain and discomfort and at the same time not cause any untoward harm to the patient physically by using the doctor's ha...  Read Article

Everything You Need to Know About Osteoarthritis

Article Overview: Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease, which is always characterized by both, the degeneration of articular cartilage and simultaneous proliferation of new bones, cartilage, and connective tissue. It is not a single disease rather it is the result of various joint failure Read Article

Dr. Sheshadev Senapati

Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease, which is always characterized by both, the degeneration of articular cartilage and simultaneous proliferation of new bones, cartilage, and connective tissue. It is not a single disease rather it is the result of various joint failure. The proliferative...  Read Article

What is the treatment for slipped capital femoral epiphysis?

Query: Hello doctor, Avascular necrosis was caused by a slipped capital femoral epiphysis of the left hip in a 12-year-old girl. What is the treatment apart from hip replacement? I need help. My daughter is in the middle of a bridge.  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now