Q. Is it true that age affects fertility?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Apr 16, 2019

I am working on a story about fertility throughout 20s, 30s, and 40s. I would like to break down how age affects fertility, male fertility issues at various ages. How can you increase your chances of getting pregnant, treatment options recommended at each decade?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As age advances, there are hormonal changes which alter the chances of pregnancy. Stress, anxiety, work pressures, change of place, change in climate alter fertility. Smoking, alcohol, caffeine intake, inactive lifestyle add to it further. Improper hygiene, recurrent infection and inaccurate treatment also play a major role.

Maintain personal hygiene and take plenty of fluids, fiber-rich diet, exercise, yoga, lifestyle modifications, dietary modifications, Multivitamin supplements will help you improve your fertility. Avoid alcohol, smoking, and addiction. Have a regular health check with your doctor or health worker.

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Great amount of stress in children does affect brain development. As the brain develops till the age of 18 years, stress can affect the development. Stress can, in general, affect the functioning of the body, hormonal balance, and immunity levels as well. If the str...  Read Full

Does miscarriage affect fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male and my wife is 31 years old. We got married before two years and had not planned for pregnancy. My wife's medical history is as follows. Two years before her thyroid level was near 18 and she took regular medicine. Now her thyroid level came down between 2 and 3 a...  Read Full >>

Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Detailed information given by yourself is very useful to give you further direction in the planning of the baby. Generally, apart from doing routine prepregnancy checks, we need to do fertility related tests, including ovulation that have egg release confirmation thr...  Read Full

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, it seems like fibromyalgia with anxiety. Whenever we are anxious, our autonomic nervous system plays a role, and hence increases the blood flow to various organs by pumping more blood at higher rates, and thus heartbeats can be felt by us. Also,...  Read Full

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now