Q. I have a fever associated with a runny nose and headache. Kindly help me.

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

I am a 39-year-old female of height 1.56 meters and weight 83 kg. I have a fever, chills, muscle aches, headache, runny nose, and feeling very tired. I am taking Dazit. As there was rain last night, I am a little worried. Kindly help me.

#

I understand your concern and will help you out. Looking at the symptoms you mentioned, you seem to be suffering from an acute viral respiratory infection. Tablet Dazit (Desloratadine) may provide symptomatic relief. You should maintain hydration and keep drinking lots of fluids because, in fever, your body does not tell you when you are thirsty. Steam inhalation will also provide relief. If the headache is bothering you, I suggest taking tablet Crocin (Paracetamol) as and when required (limit to two to three tablets a day). Take Vitamin-C 400 mg tablet twice a day. Continue tablet Dazit 5 mg once daily.

Do not worry. You should recover in a week. Meanwhile, try to keep yourself isolated from other family members and use a mask. Please get back if you have further queries.

|