Q. What could be the cause of my high fever, sore throat, and loose motion?

Dr. Sandhya Narayankutty
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2021

I have a high fever (102 F), sore throat, and loose stool. I am taking medication for hypothyroidism, blood thinners, and blood pressure. Please advise me on what could be the cause?

#

Having analyzed the history you have provided, I would like to let you know that, Your present condition could be because of a number of reasons. Since you have mentioned a history of having a cardiac condition, I would like to know if you have had any rheumatic heart diseases or had to take antibiotic (Penicillin) shots any time? I want to request you not to be stressed or be worried about any serious issues. Having said that, if there were no other previous history, I would like to assure you that this is purely a viral fever.

1) You need to get the fever under control by taking Paracetamol 500 thrice daily. For immediate remission of fever, you need to go to a nearby clinic and get a Paracetamol shot.

2) You need to do frequent warm water gargles thrice daily, each time keeping the warm water in your mouth for at least one minute.

3) I suggest you take Tablet Levocetirizine with Montelukast for seven days one hour before bedtime should be started along with Vitamin C 500 twice daily for a month

4) Start ORS (oral rehydration solutions) and drink enough water to counteract the loose motion.

Follow the above steps, and it would be of great help. As of now, you need not start an antibiotic course. Do not worry. Stay healthy and positive.

|