Q. What precaution should I take for fibroid and low lying placenta?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
This is a premium question & answer published on May 22, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am attaching the two ultrasound reports of 7th week and 14th week pregnancy. As per reports there are fibroid and low lying posterior placenta. What are chances of the baby to be delivered safe and sound? Will this fibroid contribute any bad effect to the baby or baby's growth in the uterus? Is there any way to remove this fibroid after baby's birth without causing any harm to the uterus? Are there any chances of another fibroid (in future), if the existing one removed by any treatment? What precautions need to take so that there are no or minimum harm to baby because of this fibroid? Any additional comment or advise would be highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

#

• There is no need to remove the fibroid in pregnancy. As pregnancy gets subside fibroid size may reduce.
  • Even if you remove the fibroid after pregnancy, then there is a possibility for recurrence of a fibroid in the future.
  • Please avoid sex and lifting heavy weight. Take bed rest and stay on Iron supplements.
  • The placenta may migrate upward as baby grows. Please keep follow up to know the migration of the placenta.

Placenta previa.

Bed rest.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What to do if placenta migrate upward as baby grows? Is it bad or good? After removal of fibroid, is there a chance for another pregnancy?

#

• Fibroid removed after pregnancy does not alter the chances of conception.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|