Q. I feel hot with excruciating pain in neck, back and shoulders. What could it be?

Dr. Rajyaguru
Published on Dec 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 06, 2019

I am 18 years old. My feet hurt like crazy sometimes even if I stand on them for five minutes (especially in the heel). After a while, the bottom of my feet would burn. I think something is wrong with my brain because I have got my vitals checked and everything seems to be fine. I get hot really fast, regardless if I am outside in the sun, or in a hot room. The sun does cause rashes and itching if I am in it too long (not sure if that is relevant). Once I feel hot, I start to sweat a lot, I feel dizzy, and then nauseous with a headache. Every time I feel hot, I feel sick with terrible headaches. Even if it is cool through the house and everything is fine with me, say I will get up to clean and after five minutes of cleaning I feel hot, just from moving around. Also, I have excruciating pain in my neck, back, and shoulders all the time, a lot of time it accompanies a headache. I do have dry sinuses, bronchitis, and costochondritis and I used to drink plenty of water.

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Surgery
#

I understand your symptoms. There are two possible conditions which can present this way. One is fibromyalgia, where there is a pain at multiple sites in the body, some other vague symptoms and when investigated, almost all the tests are fine. Second, a less likely possibility is autonomic nervous system dysfunction, some of your symptoms like inability to adapt to heat, drinking a lot of water, anxiety, episodes of migraine may be related to that.

The highest control of the autonomic system is from the hypothalamus in the brain, any lesion in that area can produce a set of symptoms like discussed above. You can take Dulane (Duloxetine) 20 mg at bedtime (if you are not known allergic to this one) this would help to some extent for pain relief. You can get an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain done just to rule out any other cause of the headache and autonomic imbalance.

| 

Please give a suggestion regarding the minor change seen in my ECG.

Query: Hi doctor, I went for an annual health checkup and found there was a minor change in the ECG. I am 28 years old. My weight is 80 kg and height is 163 cm. My BMI is 30 and waist circumference is 90. My BP 130/90 mmHg. I am also attaching my ECG report to you. I need your suggestion. Thank you.  Read Full »

Can I have fibromyalgia and early signs of lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old mother and a veterinarian. I was recently diagnosed with lupus by a rheumatologist. The only abnormality in my blood work was elevated SSA and dsDNA autoantibodies with a speckled pattern. My CBC, UA, and the biochemical panel were normal. My symptoms included severe...  Read Full »

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article