Q. Can licking your finger after fingering a masseuse transmit HIV?

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Around three days ago, I fingered a masseuse and licked my finger. She gave me a blowjob, and I ejaculated in her.

Will licking my finger after the act increase my risk of HIV if she has the disease?

Her status with a sexually transmitted disease (STD) is unknown.

What tests should I undergo if I need to test for HIV?

Kindly advise.

#

Thank you for the query.

The chances of transmission of HIV by the first described act is almost nil unless you have bleeding wounds in the oral cavity.

The chances of acquiring HIV by a blowjob are also almost nil unless she has bleeding wounds in her oral cavity.

You can go for an HIV antibodies test now as a baseline and after three months of exposure again to have conclusive results.

Do reach out if you have any further questions.

|