Q. Are my symptoms due to scalp psoriasis?

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2021

Heavy scalp comming from hair and if i remove my hair completely and after shampooing 2 3 days it gone but come again doctor has confused its psoriasis or not. Have attached a photo.

#

Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are having staying safe 1) I have seen your attached photo and read your history, I wanted you to answer few of my questions to confirm psoriasis - Any relevant family history of Psoriasis? - Any scaly lesions elsewhere on the body especially knees, elbows, abdomen ? - Duration of these lesion, how long since it started? - When you remove the scale do you observe bleeding point? - Do you have severe itching associated with it? 2) It doesn't look like psoriasis, just a severe dry scalp. But please answer these questions to rule it out. 3) As for now, based on your scalp condition, you can use - Tarsalic( Coal tar 4.25%+ salicylic acid 2%) Shampoo twice weekly apply 2-5 minutes (according to tolerance) before bath for 2 weeks - Cap. Omega 3 once daily for 30 days - Liquid paraffin (emulsifiers) for application morning and afternoon for 2 weeks - T. Cetrizine 10mg once in the night if itching present - Cap. Shelcal 500mg once daily for 30 days Provided you do not have prior allergy to these medications. Review with photo after 2 weeks . Please revert back with answers for confirming diagnosis. 4) Have food rich in omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, Vit D. Hope your queries are cleared. Thank you and take care.

|