iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal MedicinefluconazoleHow to treat Fluconazole allergy?

How to stop itching due to Fluconazole allergy?

How to stop itching due to Fluconazole allergy?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 15, 2018
Reviewed AtSeptember 12, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am having an allergic reaction (hives) to Fluconazole. What can be done to reverse the side effect of this medication? I already went to the doctor over five times in the last three weeks. This is going on for four weeks. All the doctor does is give me itching medication. I am itching really bad.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

It can be a reaction to Fluconazole, but we should rule out other causes as well. As you mentioned that you are not responding to itching medicines like antihistaminics, you need to be started on steroids like Prednisolone. But before starting steroids, I suggest you visit a dermatologist for examination, confirmation of diagnosis and get some blood test done like hemogram including WBC count and ANA (antinuclear antibody) levels, liver function test and renal function tests to rule out infection as steroids may be detrimental. Until then you can have tablet Montair LC (Levocetirizine plus Montelukast combination) one at bedtime, which is a higher antiallergic medicine, and Lactocalamine lotion for topical application. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent. Hope this helps you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy