Q. What does my follicular study report indicate?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

My condition on the third day of follicular study (on the day of 15th after ovulation) report shows below:

RO. DF - 08x 06 mm, LO.DF-12X11mm, E.T-1.1 Triple line point, Free fluid. Please give the above report analysis and suggestions.

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

From your USG report it is clear that there is a ruptured follicle and an ovum has been released into your tubes. (This is evidenced by the free fluid and the crumpled follicle mentioned in ur USG report). Your endometrium has good thickness and is ready to recieve a pregnancy. Therefore chances of pregnancy in this cycle is possibility.

If you are under ovulation induction followed by natural cycle then you go ahead and have regular sexual intercourse with your partner. Then wait till your date of period and if you miss it do a pregnancy test. If you are undergoing any other treatment kindly provide me the details of the same so that I could explain your options to you.

The ovum is viable in the tubes for maximum of 24 hours. The missionary position (man on the top) and with your man behind are good for deeper penetration. The chances of pregnancy are higher if your partner ejaculates deep inside you. You lying down for 20 minutes post-ejaculation with foot up have also proven to increase the chances of fertilization in some study. But even lying down is good. Do not immediately clean or wash yourself post coitus.

|