Q. What has caused a sore pimple in my vagina lips?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I have a very sore pimple on the inner side of my outer vagina lips. I have had the occasional one in the past on the same side and usually around the same area. It is like an ingrown hair or clogged follicle. I do shave down there. They usually go away on its own but this one seems very big and very sore and would like to know if there is a way to heal it faster. I only have one bump at a time. My PAP tests have come back normal aside from some yeast. Do you have any suggestions?

#

Shaving or waxing the intimate areas often lead to ingrown hairs, infected follicles out there. Either you can cut it out with scissors leaving a bit or go for laser hair removal. These problems settle down forever. Do use douches, just cleanse the area with water during bath. For the boil now, give hot fomentation to the local area. The problem will resolve once the pus comes out, the ingrown hair will be seen, and you can gently pull it out with a tweezer cleaned with alcohol.

|